The Future of U.S. Climate Policy: Coal, Carbon Markets, and the Clean Air Act
The Institute for Policy Integrity’s annual fall workshop focused on the Obama Administration’s recent efforts to regulate greenhouse gas emissions under the Clean Air Act, as well as the future of U.S. climate policy more generally.
United States Senator Sheldon Whitehouse of Rhode Island gave keynote remarks, along with Joel Beauvais, Associate Administrator for the Office of Policy at EPA. The day’s panel discussions featured a mix of state government officials, legal academics, and representatives of both the private sector and leading environmental nonprofits.
Video from the Workshop
- Keynote Speech: Senator Sheldon Whitehouse
- Keynote Speech: Joel Beauvais
- EPA’s Clean Power Plan: A Primer
- The Future of the U.S. Energy Mix
- U.S. Carbon Markets: Clean Air Act § 111(d) & Beyond
- Implementing § 111(d): Challenges & Opportunities