Corporate Climate Risk: Assessment, Disclosure, and Action
Register for the webinar here.
An increasing number of financial experts caution that markets may not be accurately incorporating climate-change related risks into asset prices. This conference draws together investors, companies, researchers, and regulators to ask whether this is true and what can be done to better evaluate the costs of both physical and transition risks. What information, techniques, and expertise are employed by industry leaders? A number of countries have begun to require mandatory assessment and disclosure of climate risks. Is a similar regulatory response needed in the United States and what would it look like?
Co-hosted by the Institute for Policy Integrity and the Volatility and Risk Institute at NYU Stern School of Business.
Richard Berner, Co-Director, Stern Volatility and Risk Institute | Former Co-Head, Global Economics, Morgan Stanley | Director, Office of Financial Research, U.S. Treasury
Madison Condon, Associate Professor of Law, Boston University School of Law | Affiliated Scholar, Institute for Policy Integrity
Robert Engle, Michael Armellino Professor of Management and Financial Services, NYU Stern School of Business | Co-Director, Stern Volatility and Risk Institute | Co-Founding President, Society for Financial Econometrics
Robert Jackson, Former Commissioner, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission | Professor of Law, NYU School of Law
Nathaniel Keohane, Senior Vice President, Climate Environmental Defense Fund | Member, Commodity Futures Trading Commission Climate-Related Market Risk Subcommittee
Brigham McNaughton, Director, Sustainability Services, PwC
Margaret Peloso, Partner, Vinson & Elkins
Veena Ramani, Senior Program Director, Capital Market Systems, Ceres
Lindsay Ross, Director, Global Client Services, Four Twenty Seven
Kate Shearer, Director, Sustainability, Sodexo
Nelson Yip, Director, Strategic Planning, Con Edison
- Externalities and the Common Owner
- Evaluating the Private Sector Perspective on the Financial Risks of Climate Change
- The Challenges of Counting Climate Change Risks in Financial Markets
- Coming Clean: The Impact of Environmental Performance and Visibility on Corporate Climate Change Disclosure
- Corporate Environmental Disclosures About the Effects of Climate Change
- Climate Change, Corporate Strategy, and Corporate Law Duties
- Implementing Corporate Climate Change Responsibility: Possible State Legislative and SEC Responses to Climate Change Through Corporate Law Reform
- Climate Change Disclosure: Moving Towards a Brave New World
- Climate Change, Fiduciary Duty, and Corporate Disclosure: Are Things Heating Up in the Boardroom?